Educational / curriculum based:
1.PBS Learning Media: a lot of videos, interactive content, and supporting documents. You can browse content according to grade level and national and/or state standards. https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/
2. Khan Academy. https://www.khanacademy.org/
4. Canadian Higher Learning Academy. Fully accredited private online high school offering full course loads for Grades 9 – 12. https://chlacademy.ca/curriculum/
5. Yale Open Courses: Excellent for older students. Great lectures and syllabi on science, history, literature, art, architecture, politics etc. https://oyc.yale.edu/
Modern Poetry https://oyc.yale.edu/english/engl-310
Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Faulkner https://oyc.yale.edu/american-studies/amst-246
American Novel since 1945https://oyc.yale.edu/english/engl-291
Dante in Translationhttps://oyc.yale.edu/italian-language-and-literature/ital-310
Cervantes’ Don Quixote: https://oyc.yale.edu/spanish-and-portuguese/span-300
Introduction to the New Testament https://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-152
Introduction to the Old Testament https://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-145
Art: Roman Architecture https://oyc.yale.edu/history-of-art/hsar-252
Introduction to Ancient Greek History https://oyc.yale.edu/classics/clcv-205
African American History from the Emancipation to the Present: https://oyc.yale.edu/african-american-studies/afam-162
The American Revolution https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-116
The Civil War and Reconstruction Era:https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-119
The Early Middle Ages https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-210
Early Modern England https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-251
European Civilization, 1648-1945https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-202
Epidemics in Western Society since 1600 https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-234
France since 1871 https://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-276
Fundamentals of Physics 1 https://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-200
Fundamentals of Physics 2https://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-201
Introduction to Psychology https://oyc.yale.edu/introduction-psychology/psyc-110
Psychology, Biology, Politics of Food.https://oyc.yale.edu/psychology/psyc-123
Global problems of Population growth https://oyc.yale.edu/molecular-cellular-and-developmental-biology/mcdb-150
Frontiers and Controversies in Astrophysics
Frontiers in Biomedical Engineering https://oyc.yale.edu/biomedical-engineering/beng-100
Freshman Organic Chemistry https://oyc.yale.edu/chemistry/chem-125a
Freshman Organic Chemistry IIhttps://oyc.yale.edu/chemistry/chem-125b
Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior https://oyc.yale.edu/ecology-and-evolutionary-biology/eeb-122
Atmosphere, Ocean, Environmental Changehttps://oyc.yale.edu/geology-and-geophysics/gg-140
Philosophy, Politics, Sociology
Foundations of Modern Social Theoryhttps://oyc.yale.edu/sociology/socy-151
Introduction to Political Philosophyhttps://oyc.yale.edu/political-science/plsc-114
Environmental Politics and Law
Philosophy and Science of Human Nature https://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/phil-181
Capitalism: Success, Crisis, Reform https://oyc.yale.edu/political-science/plsc-270
Power and Politics in Today’s World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDqvzFY72mg
6. Yale at Coursera:
Introduction to Classical Music https://www.coursera.org/learn/introclassicalmusic
Moral Foundations of Politics https://www.coursera.org/learn/moral-politics?action=enroll
7. EdX hosts open courses from Harvard, Berkeley, UTexas and other institutions. https://www.edx.org/
8. ITunes U: Roslyn Union Free School. App must be downloaded.
To Kill a Mockingbird https://itunes.apple.com/ca/course/exploring-to-kill-a-mockingbird/id1052616731
Graphic Literature https://itunes.apple.com/om/course/graphic-literature/id813213642
Literature of Global History. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/course/the-literature-of-global-history-2013-2014/id813228304?ign-mpt=uo%3D2
9. Scholastic Learn at Home
10, Class Central. https://www.classcentral.com/
11. Prodigy. https://www.prodigygame.com/ Curriculum based math exercises from grade 1-8.
12. Freckle https://www.freckle.com/ Content on math, writing, social studies and science.
13. Listenwise https://listenwise.com/ Audio lessons. Free trial for 30 days.
14. 123 Homeschool for Me https://www.123homeschool4me.com/ Free printable worksheets, organized according to subjects and grade level
15. New York City Department of Education Learn at Home. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home Directed to New York school districts but applicable for all.
15. Great Minds. https://greatminds.org/ Curricula on many K-12 subjects.
16. Outschool. https://outschool.com/.
These lack systematic syllabi but are tools to stimulate active learning:
TedEd: Ted talks for students https://ed.ted.com/
Brainpop: Animated videos. Subscription required but providing free access to students affected by Covid-19 closures.https://www.brainpop.com/
Crash Courses: Youtube channel. Mostly animated entertainment but quality content on many subjects .https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
Duolingo: Great website for language practice.https://www.duolingo.com/
Rockalingua. Music based Spanish learning. https://rockalingua.com/
Mangahigh https://www.mangahigh.com/en-us/ Math games and puzzles. Free access to schools affected by Covid-19.
Funbrain https://www.funbrain.com/ Videos, games, and math puzzles.
FAMhttps://kelsey-s-school-083a.thinkific.com/bundles/komo-s-student-success-accelerator-2 our online, structured system for skill-building and school work.
Komo: https://komoconsulting.com/ Build out skills to help you thrive in school and in life!
With the summer rolling in, I've been thinking a lot about our students (as always!).…
All struggles in school are NOT created equal! When students are learning the MOST, they…
Kids are taught to think small. It's a fact. School focuses on the right answer,…